Friday, February 16, 2007

WHEN YOU READ A BOOK...

At Mamacita's birthday dinner a few weeks ago, I mentioned something I'd never heard of, and learned it was happening right there in my own litter.

A woman on the bb always reads the last three pages of a book and then goes back to the beginning. Personally, that seems to take all the fun out of it, but I wondered what everyone else thought. Sugah Pie, LingLing and Mamacita all say they do it too. Odd. It must skip a generation.

The reading thing, not the odd. Trust me, I'm self-aware.

Anyone read what's on my February reading list?

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting


Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting


4 comments:

DTF said...

I don't get the reading the last few pages either. I used to do it as a teen but not much since, only if the book is really bad.

As for your reading list, I have picked up the Sparks one many times and put it back down... I think I will just get it from the library. I'd like to know what you think of it.

SINFUL said...

ACK! Couldn't stand to read the end first.

As for the books - I'm such a total wimp - don't read scarey or sad fiction and never romances written by men.

Anonymous said...

I usually read the end first. Especially a romance novel. Trust me, if we do the "I'm so hard done by, but lets meet 2 weeks later and have sex on the desk and get married and all our problems will vanish.." I don't even start it.

I'm reading Allison Brennan at the moment.

Tango said...

I don't get reading the end first either. I think it would ruin the story/surprise for the reader. But we are talking about Canucks, aren't we? {snickers}

I was almost finished with HP & the Half-Blood Prince. Towards the end I really wanted to find something out and skipped ahead. Yes, may question was answer but I could have kicked myself for doing it.

R&R ~ interested in your thoughts on both books. "Dear John" is on my TBR pile and I'm a King fan too.