Wednesday, September 26, 2007

Manimal came home yesterday. Of course, we're all glad to have him home, but I'm really nervous...afraid I'll miss something vital. Doctor wanted to keep him another day, but he pulled a "the food sucks here" card. His first request...Cap'n Crunch cereal. 41 years old and he craved junk cereal...which we don't keep in the house. Hey, no problem...it's only a 40 minute round trip to the store.

I'm exhausted and bitchy. No desire to communicate with anyone, but really appreciate the supportive words received. That being said, I'm certainly not blind to who hasn't gotten in touch.

The water pump picked this morning to kick the bucket. No water until we spent $550 and find someone to install it. Unfortunately, SupahStah had a date tonight that he COULD. NOT. POSTPONE.

I couldn't sleep last night...didn't help that we had a wicked thunderstorm and all the animals called upon their inner wussy. The kitten hid in the linen closet...all over the patient's clean linens. Sure, it's not like I mind more laundromat time. Rex jumped on the bed with Manimal to snuggle hide like a coward, and I was so scared the dog would jump on his stomach I almost had kittens...as if I need more animals.

The home-care nurse came in this morning. I've already had to fix the dressing she changed. God certainly has a sense of humour. Props to the Big Guy for sending a gal who shares her name with Manimal's ex...and has the same accent to boot. Yep. We're havin some fun now.

7 comments:

DTF said...

Ahhh, R&R... I have been awol from blog reading for awhile... I had no idea you were dealing with all this crap. I am thinking about you and praying for a speedy recovery for manimal.

Janet Webb said...

Thinking of you ... and hoping for Manimal to be feelings eons better PDQ! Poor little critters: they can prolly tell their guy's not feeling well.

Hope you find some time to take care of YOU!

Anonymous said...

Hey L'il sis you have been exhausted and bitchy before...You'll live LOL!!!

Seriously, it is all overwheming I'm sure but you guys WILL get through this. It takes ALOT to keep your family down here's a little thought...

Accept the things to which fate binds you, and love the people with whom fate brings you together, but do so with all your heart. - Marcus Aurelius

Love you guys.
Both of you be well...

K-bear

gingabread said...

touch...so it's NOT me that hasn't been in touch...LOL! Hope things are looking up

Tango said...

Tweet ~
You're allowed to be exhausted and bitchy and NOT feel bad about it. I know it's easy for me to say but it's true - Take it one day at a time. You'll get through this. You're a strong woman! Take time for yourself...pamper yourself with a nail treatment, fake n' bake, and/or some quality time with our buddy Jack. Thinking of you and sending prayers and BIG HUGS up north.
LYMI!!
Tango

Janet Webb said...

Tango sure summed it up: one day at a time :)

I'm sending you a few books and some tea from the Empress Hotel: hopefully you'll find a few moments just for you ~ thinking about you.

SINFUL said...

Don't know where it is best to catch your attention BUT:]

Happy Birthday
Happy Thanksgiving