Friday, May 18, 2007

RIDDLE ME THIS, RIDDLE ME THAT

For some reason, the Joker has been on my mind this week. I think somebody has reminded me of the smarmy grin and puke green mist floating around him.

My, oh my. When a girl discovers some pus ball is attempting a hostile takeover of the business her family has sacrificed dearly to build over the last four years, whatever IS a girl to do?

Some masked avenger is too busy cruising for chicks in the Batmobile to notice that damn light in the sky...or he's occupied pulling out a major wedgie. It's the tights. I tried to warn him, but you know how boys are...once Superman and Spidey had them, he just had to have a pair too.

But wait...what luck! Toronto has Lawyerman, who awaits in his tall, shiny lair...ready to be our new hero. So glad are we, the country mice, to have Lawyerman join in this fight against evil, we insist on laying at his wingtips *gulp* twenty thousand Superhero units of our good faith.

Motorman, ever mindful of the power of bargaining, made me so damn proud we have some of the same blood running through our veins. He glanced at the bottled water and cookies, then said with a straight face, "How 'bout you keep those and we'll give you 14, 500?" Bwahahahahah! The sky is falling and my nephew manages to keep his humour...gawd love him. I ADORE this "kid!" Even Lawyerman chuckled before he replied, "Uh, no."

Should you ever wonder just how important laughter is to me, no matter what's raining down, here's my favourite response from a friend, when I sent out an "S.O.S. My life just turned to shit" email:

"NO PUKING...we are tough...well you are tough...I am going to stand beside you and whack assholes and DINKHEADS alike....rubs hands togeother...this should be fun....you provide the best sports activities...WOW...."

*There was lots of touchy-feely stuff about taking care of myself and inviting me to hide at her house if I need to run away, which I just love her for. Thx Peep.*

"...but the rest of us need you here and in somewhat OK mental health....okay fuck the mental health....let's just go be nuts together....we can buy 100 pairs of shoes and blame it on stress....whatdaya say????"

I say, with the family and friends I've been blessed with, this too shall pass. Dear readers, if I'm MIA for a while here and there, I'm either standing by Lawyerman's side, or on a shoe shopping spree with the CMDR. I'll be back. : )

This weekend, I'll be at the trailer getting shit-faced drunk and probably disgusting Manimal's mom. Wheeeeee.
Have a great weekend, y'all.

No comments: