Thursday, March 22, 2007

REMEMBER...THERE ARE CHOICES

The Newfie and The Minister

A Pentecostal minister was seated next to a Newfie on a flight to St. John's.

After the plane was airborne, drink orders were taken. The Newfie asked for a rum & coke, which was poured and laced before him. The flight attendant then asked the minister if he would like a drink.

He replied in disgust "I'd rather be raped by a dozen whores than let liquor touch my lips."

The Newfie handed his drink back to the attendant and said, "Me too. I didn't know we had a choice."

2 comments:

Janet Webb said...

I told Gordon your story when we were flying somewhere high high above someplace and he laughed and laughed ... only a Canadian, I think, can truly appreciate what "Newfie" means ... it just doesn't translate that well :)

Lemon Stand said...

ROFL! I may not be canadian but I sure know what a Newfie is. Thanks for the laugh.