Saturday, March 10, 2007

GETTING THERE

Readers of my blog know I always try to find something humourous in the chaotic drudgery known as Life. Fear not my friends...even on the recent sad journey, there were plenty of moments that struck my old funny bone. I haven't been in the mood to write, but I'm saving the stories up to share, so here's a little tidbit about how the trip began.

Due to several snafus, Sugah Pie and I almost didn't make our flight to Vancouver. Upon explaining the circumstances, the attendant attatched purple tags to our luggage, signifiying they'd been checked-in LATE. She then whisked us through security, we ran all the way to the gate, she madly waving her arms at the crew members issuing the final boarding call for us. The doors closed behind us pretty durn quick.

The attendant warned our luggage might not make it on the flight and we'd have to make our own arrangements to pick it up when it arrived. Let's be honest...my only thought was, "Blah, blah, blah. How soon can I get a drink??"

Upon arrival in Vancouver, the most kick-ass sister-in-law ever met us as we exited the ramp - holding out a large, double-double Timmy's.

I shouted, "Tink, I love you!"

She shouted back, "I thought you'd need to sober up!"

This was apparently quite amusing to bystanders, but hey, I never claimed the entourage of R & R goes anywhere quietly ; )

WestJet rocks! They got us and our stuff on the flight in one piece despite my screw-up. We had no problem identifying our luggage - the ones marked with the purple tags - which read RETARD on the french side.

Just like my very own movie, folks. Ranger Retard goes to Vancouver.

4 comments:

Janet Webb said...

How Canadian does it make me if I read Rocket Richard for Ranger Retard? You're blogging again!!! So great to have you back ... you must tell me: is your postal carrier a bit bemused by the profligation of frogs on your packages? And by the way, she does sound like the world's greatest sister-in-law!

V-Medic said...

LOL!! You need to write your memoirs....they would be a best seller I'm tellin ya!...glad you are back....V:0)

Anonymous said...

Glad you're back.. you are a lot of posts behind.. start writing and writing and writing :)

S

Lemon Stand said...

So glad you are back! Wishing now that I had decorated with frogs...