Tuesday, January 02, 2007

THE LIST

The resolution list has been puffed, pouffed, nipped and tucked. I feng shuied by writing the list in the harmony corner. Hey! Everyone needs good chi. The stars have been consulted - all is aligned and no bad juju can sneak in - a dewy perfection has been achieved. Glorious.

2007 New Year's Resolutions

1. Make myself a priority.
I've spent too many years forgoing things I enjoy in favour of what others want. It started as necessity and has continued out of habit alone, so ... I'm going to start fake 'n baking again, just because *I* like it. I'm going for regular manicures, just because it makes *me* feel good. I'm updating my wardrobe, just because I *deserve* it. I'm making the time to exercise regularly again, just because I'm *important* enough.

2. Enjoy each day, simply for what it is, guilt-free. Easier said than done, but I'm tired of guilt-ridden angst because I don't live up to other people's expectations. It's long past time for me to find the joy in *my* expectations of what's good, and stop apologizing for it.

3. Travel-time for Moi. I'm taking a whole bunch of small road trips - because I need to and I'm finally able to. NYC in February, Alberta in March, Ohio in July, Virginia Beach in August, and ......

4. Re-focus on my career goals. I've made the sacrifices I had to, but it's time for me to zero in on what I *want.* Rather scary stuff.

So that's it, folks. 2007 is all about me, me, me. Wow. Tough assignment.

If one believes in the value of astrology - and gee willikers, who doesn't?? - it turns out my list isn't too far off the mark:

LIBRA
1) Stop - immediately, now - trying to be all things to all people. It's impossible, and it's stressing you out.
2) Cut loose the neediest of the needy, between January and March. You'll be doing them a favor.
3) Revive (or initiate) the intimacy between you and your sweetie.
4) In August and September, continue to convince everyone (but your partner) to live without you, and focus on your career.
5) Allow yourself to gloat - just a tad. And buy yourself a reward. Yes, really.

You can check your own suggested resolutions by horoscopes, but make sure you light some incense and get in the harmony corner first. ; )

For a mighty fine laugh, check out this list of yearly resolutions from birth to adulthood.

I whiled yesterday away in champion sloth-like fashion. The girls and I watched one of Sweet Pea's Christmas presents, "Laguna Beach." The first two seasons. In a row. Hours upon hours of spoiled, beautiful children, whining about living in a place I'd give my eyeteeth to call home. Did I mention how luverly the boys are to look at? Well, they are!!! Not that that's why I watched it. Sheesh. 'Twas all about quality time with my girls, dontcha know? : )

I'm a little mortified to admit it - I'm completely hooked on this stupid show. My girls are ecstatic, because it just about guarantees I'll buy season three when it comes out. Manimal is quite amused by the whole thing. Lest you think we drowned the poor fellow in estrogen, let me assure you, he was more than happy to scurry off for a day-long "Band of Brothers" marathon.

Supah Stah spent New Year's Eve at Beeble's house. It seems she spent the night away and Elvis had a partay. My poor, dear son returned home very hungover tired, but he tossed this little nugget out before crashing for the night:

"Mom, I don't remember talking to you at 2:30. I woke up on the floor with a girl next to me. We just looked at each other. She asked, 'Did I sleep with you?' and I said, 'I don't know...' "

Okaaay. Whoever said total honesty between parents and teenagers is the ultimate goal never had to listen to shit like that. How best to handle this?

I'll arrange for one of Sweet Pea's girlfriends to call him, pretending to be that girl ... in about 5 or 6 weeks.

'Cuz that's just the kind of sweet mom I am.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Another Libra - YIKES!!!!!! :) So is Greg. I will find the book and scan in the pgs. But LIBRA and Non-verbal learning disorder do not go together well at all.... no wonder he's anxious...

I'm a Gemini, Russ a Sagitarious, Ed a Capricorn. Russ' suppose to be a happy critter per his sign and is....

Makes you wonder if there's some truth in this.

Where's my email??????????????

S.

Anonymous said...

lol, as i remeber it he was in the same room as elvis sleeping on the floor and it was only the two of them in the room. uh oh. lol

motorman

R&R said...

Motorman: LMAO...that's just wrong on so many levels! I wonder if they were spooning??? : )

Anonymous said...

I bet they were. It was cold lol

-MoToRmAn