Wednesday, December 13, 2006

KETCHUP, MUSTARD & BEER

MESSAGES:

The Prof ~ Sorry 'bout the big, scary flashing sign...just breathe.

Motorman ~ Ack, ack...I don't think you were supposed to know the extent of the expansion plans yet...surely you figured out how things work around here by now. Have I taught you nothing, grasshopper?

Now back to our regularly scheduled blog.

People often comment on my sense of humour. You could say it developed as a safety mechanism. Tonight, during a conversation with the kids and Sweet Pea's Boyfriend (yep, he's still around), Mamacita sweetly shared that until a few weeks ago, she was unfamiliar with blogging. Nodding her head, she exclaimed, "Until then, I thought a blog was something gross caught in the back of your throat!"

Well then. Doesn't that conjure up a lovely mental image?

This is the same woman who, a mere 28 years ago, was horrified at the dinner table by then 11 year-old Moi asking my dad to pass the "mouseturd."

A blistering lecture on young ladies using manners ensued. Oh, how I protested! I'd meant no harm - it was just a funny name Susie used for condiments. I tend to get caught up in debate, and don't always make the wisest choices...

"You know, Mom, like please pass the catshit & mouseturd."

At that point, it was strongly recommended I leave the table to think about it. No matter how long I thought about it, this young lady still giggled. Heck, I'm snickering now. In retrospect, Mamacita probably developed her sense of ha-ha as a defense mechanism against me. : )

A few proud Canadian funnies...

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting


A guy walks into a bar and asks the bartender, "Hey, you hear the latest Canadian joke?"
The bartender says, "Hey, pal, before you start, you see those two lumberjacks fighting in the corner? You see the big hockey players behind you? You see that hunter next to you at the bar, and the fisherman next to him? You see me? We're all Canadian. You still want to tell your little joke?"
Guy looks around at all these bruisers, who have now started to pay attention to him. "Okay," he says, "I'll tell it slow."

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Too funny. I have to tell the hubby about this one. He's always teasing me about all my ancestors being Canadian. He'll get a chuckle like I did! ~Lemon Stand