Sunday, November 12, 2006

REASON, SEASON or LIFETIME

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Mamacita just found this...a rare photo of Beebles & Weebles together as children. I'll treasure it always. I'm the little chubby one hanging on to my big sister...who had to wear the red leather lederhosen I totally REFUSED to wear, bwahahaha!!! My God! Who makes their kid wear this stuff??

Remembrance Day...was difficult for the Prince. I expected it would be this year. I doubt it will get any easier. It really made him feel better when Sweet Pea told us about Friday's assembly. A guest speaker, the father of one of the teachers, was a POW in WWII. He drew some maps that were put on the overhead projector.

Sweet Pea, Blondie and a few of their friends noticed a laser dashing about on the screen. They were quite disgruntled - how disrespectful someone in the audience was for playing this game during the speech of a man who deserved nothing but respect! Then, Blondie noticed the laser was in the teacher's hand - it was being used as a pointer along with the speech. I couldn't help but snicker.

We also talked about the current situation in Afghanistan. She feels a new attention is being brought to her peergroup because of our fallen soldiers in that conflict. "Last year," she said, "about half the people in the school wore poppies. It always bugged me. This year, I don't think I saw anyone who didn't have one on. At least that's a good thing, right?" I could see the Prince's heart got a little lighter.

Tonight Sugah Pie had her birthday/slumber party. Oh, joy! Seven 12 year old girls...it was pretty scary for a bit. First on the agenda this afternoon was a stop at the dollar store to pick up decorations. While she and Nanner did that, I grabbed make up bags, lip gloss, mascara, hair clips and emery boards X 7; threw in a bunch of candy and presented her with the tweens version of a goody bag. She decided it was pretty good. I pass again. Whew.

Then we skipped over to the grocery store to pick up pop, the makings for nacho dip, s'mores & ice cream sundaes...I don't know how I'd managed to forget how much crap you can put on a sundae. Ick.

After decorating, we were off to the movie theatre. They saw "Flushed Away." A mouse...gets flushed. And they made a whole movie about it. Gee, I'm sorry I missed it.

Total thumbs up from the girls though. From there, it's a bit of a blur. The Prince hid out, watching the hockey game with headphones on. I know Supah Stah help me out with rides back to the house and picked up Sweet Pea at curfew. Bless the child, he even brought me a Tim Horton's coffee! It was quite necessary by that point, because I was self-medicating.

Sugah Pie had a fabuloso time, which makes it all worthwhile.

I received this in an email this week, and although it's not new, it's one of my favourites.

People come into your life for a reason, a season or a lifetime. When you know which one it is, you will know what to do for that person. When someone is in your life for a REASON, it is usually to meet a need you have expressed. They have come to assist you through a difficulty, to provide you with guidance and support, to aid you physically, emotionally or spiritually. They may seem like a godsend and they are. They are there for the reason you need them to be. Then, without any wrongdoing on your part or at an inconvenient time, this person will say or do something to bring the relationship to an end. Sometimes they die. Sometimes they walk away. Sometimes they act up and force you to take a stand. What we must realize is that our need has been met, our desire fulfilled, their work is done. The prayer you sent up has been answered and now it is time to move on.

Some people come into your life for a SEASON, because your turn has come to share, grow or learn. They bring you an experi ence of peace or make you laugh. They may teach you something you have never done. They usually give you an unbelievable amount of joy. Believe it, it is real. But only for a season!

LIFETIME relationships teach you lifetime lessons, things you must build upon in order to have a solid emotional foundation. Your job is to accept the lesson, love the person and put what you have learned to use in all other relationships and areas of your life. It is said that love is blind but friendship is clairvoyant. LIFETIME relationships teach you lifetime lessons, things you must build upon in order to have a solid emotional foundation. Your job is to accept the lesson, love the person and put what you have learned to use in all other relationships and areas of your life. It is said that love is blind but friendship is clairvoyant.

Thank you for being a part of my life, whether you were a reason, season or a lifetime.



No comments: