Thursday, November 09, 2006

HUSH...IT'S THURSDAY

I've made some really terrifc new friends through the bb...they're so interesting and diverse...definitely enriches my life. Just have to say to all the friends, new and old, who have emailed me - thank you so much for your concern and kind words. I'm really okay.
Supah Stah emailed today; he's visiting friends at U of Guelph for a few days and is having an awesome time. He likes the female - male ratio and sat in on a Women's Studies class. While I realize he did it for the same reason high school guys take Home Economics...because that's where the girls are...I'm still pretty impressed. It should be fun discussing it with him this weekend. I was also relieved when he assured me it wasn't a "Mom, send money quick" email.
The Prince was at auction tonight, so I saw him for about 2 minutes when he came in, took the puppy out for a piddle and then fell into bed. This is a routine Thursday night - odd that the solitude of this evening doesn't bother me. I quite enjoy Thursdays. The kids & I usually get take-out and it's pretty peaceful. I caught up on some email and reading. Did laundry. Whoo hoo. : )
Sweet Pea had her boyfriend over. So far, he's surviving the L-word incident. Brave lad. The snuggled on the couch watching TV and fell asleep. At 9:30!! C'mon...what are you guys? A middle-aged married couple??
Sugah Pie is definitely becoming a teenager. Tonight, she was full of sass and I'm pretty sure she huffed at me. I did a double take and thought, "Oh, yeah...I remember those." By the time her siblings hit 16, they became semi-rational human beings again. Fasten your seatbelts, it's going to be a bumpy four years.
This weekend I have to start preparations for the float in the Santa Claus Parade. Sweet Pea & Sugah Pie are verrry excited. Thank goodness I will have Mamacita's help. Love that woman!

No comments: