Sunday, October 22, 2006

TECHNICAL THINGAMAJIGS ELUDE ME

Yahoo 360 was making me nuts (yeah, sure, that's what did it.) It wouldn't do what I asked. Ever. I asked really nicely too - but, nothing. I have enough frustration in my life without having to woo my blog. I finally gave up and came over to Blogger. Take that, Yahoo!! Ooh, they're trembling. They're trying to be strong, but I sense their devastation.

Suckers.

I'm doing a c&p job on a few of the most recent posts. If you haven't read the others, I'm sorry, but it's not my department. Call Yahoo. Ask for George.

Let's try to be strong and carry on, shall we?

"I have my own particular sorrows, loves, delights; and you have yours. But sorrow, gladness, yearning, hope, love, belong to all of us, in all times and in all places. Music is the only means whereby we feel these emotions in their universality."~H.A. Overstreet

As inept as I am sometimes, it's truly great ironic that I use my computer for one of my greatest loves - music. Life without music? Unimaginable. Above all else, music has been the companion that has never failed to deliver what I need. LOUD is the way I like it best. Although I have favourite genres, I realized last night that I have a fairly odd collection of music. Anyone reading it who wonders, "WTF?" will be forgiven. Say what you will, I've never been sorry to have kept an open mind and ear.

The Internet has been a great source of new and unusual discoveries. For all things music, this is my go-to site http://www.musicsites.net/topsites/main.html

Sometimes lyrics are enough to catch my interest - try browsing and see what catches your eye. http://www.absolutelyrics.com/ has a great collection and you can search by artist or title. You might be pleasantly surprised at the genre you end up listening to, just because the words touched you.

If you've got a song from a Soundtrack in your head, but don't know the artist, head over to http://www.stlyrics.com/ for an amazing collection from movies, television and theatre.

Having someone share music they love is always a treat to me. I can thank Supah Star, Sweet Pea, Elvis and Motorman for bringing new artists to my collection. Even Sugah Pie is starting to get into the act! In the interest of playing nice with others (and because I don't have much else to say today) I'm posting the ABCs from one of my playlists. If you're stuck on ideas, but want to try something new, pick a couple of artists you normally wouldn't listen to and check it out.

To prevent my blog from spontaneously combusting, the list is on the entry that follows. Don't forget, I warned you - it's fairly odd, like me! : )

No comments: