Friday, July 27, 2007

SO BEHIND ON EVERYTHING

Email, blogging, laundry...the To-Do List has become a panic-inducing stack!

Breathe. Calm Blue Ocean. Got it

Quickly....having Supah Stah home is beyond wonderful! I'd forgotten how amazing and comforting it is to have that final thought before drifting to sleep..."I can rest easy. All my chickens are safe in their beds under my roof." Sigh.

His plans are still up in the air, but last night he promised he'd still be here when I get home from VAB. Mama's doing the happy Snoopy Dance : )

Sweet Pea is one day away from successfully completing her two-course summer school "punishment." Hey, some kids have to learn the hard way that slacking will bite them in the ass...I'm sooo glad the whining about "losing the whole month of July!!!" is almost at an end ; )

Yesterday afternoon I exchanged my Canadian money for the VAB trip. Manimal had asked what the rush was...he highly doubted the exhange rate would drop rapidly before I left. I told him I wasn't a big gambler. Paid $1067.50 per $1000 USD. And guess what happened today? Hehee. He actually said, "You were right. Good thing you didn't listen to me." : o)

These glorious things don't happen every damn day, and for sure won't last forever, so I'm gonna enjoy them while they do!!!
Have a great weekend : )

5 comments:

gingabread said...

Never listen to a man....LMAOOOOO!!!!!! Since it's got to do with the south.....lmaooooooo!!!!!!

SINFUL said...

There's a picture hanging right outside Rob's room (old room :)) that I bought when he was 10, cause I knew the day would come. It says:

I hear your footsteps down the hall,
Your home again and safe,
All the burdens of the day are lightened,
And all the night noises are music to my ears.

I know exactly where you are.

Janet Webb said...

My chicks are all away: my middle son is on his way to Georgian Bay right now. The youngest, oh oh oh, she and her dad who usually masquerades as putty in her hands, are on their first college trip :)

Enjoy your time with your son!

Anonymous said...

They leave???? Quiet?? Promises, promises....

Mine goes with his Grandparents for 10 days starting Mon.... little one is still here... but think of the quiet....

Horrible Mother... I admit it... but it'll be quiet.... "er" :)

S.

V-Medic said...

Tweet, Have a FANTASTIC time in VAB!!!! Goes without saying that I wish I were still going..sigh. Oh well, there is always next year. Have a marguerita for me and make sure to find a Karoke bar, and get the Cmdr and XO up there. Perfect song...Marguritta Ville or We are Family.....lol....V:0)