Saturday, June 09, 2007

STOLEN FROM SIN


Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting


Except, wait!! We're SISTAHS, so it's not reeeaaally stealing. I'm just borrowing it ; )

Can anyone guess what the argument between my teenage daughters has been all frikin' day??? They now wear the same sizes, but I haven't decreased the amount of clothing they can get at the sacred place, a.k.a. The Mall. Let me tell ya, these kids have pretty damn nice wardrobes. My last two pairs of running shoes were Sweet Pea's cast offs...yes, they were that friggin' nice. Usually, I don't mind, because I remember what it's like to be a teen and I want them to be dressed nicely. If it were up to Manimal and the thrifty lessons Manimama brought from Holland and taught him...ah, perhaps I won't go there today. Suffice it to say, one of his nicknames is Cheap Dutch Bastard. He admits he's earned it. I think he's secretly proud :o)

But back to the girls...so there they are, shopping in the same pricey stores. Actually, they pick the clothes, shoes and accessories, while I pay...so I guess techincally it's me who's shopping. Anyway, the damn point is, their wardrobes just doubled. Great gawd!!! Any female should realize that's GREAT news, dontcha think?

Hell, if I could sqeeze my ass into their clothes, I'd have it made! TRIPLE wardrobe??? It'd be so damn fabulous I don't think I could stand it. They probably wouldn't want me wearing their clothes. The mom thing. Okay, I get that. But sisters? Isn't it some kind of rule that you get to do that? They go to different schools, so there shouldn't be a problem sharing, right? I must be missing something. I've been listening to hissing and spitting all day. I had no idea a word like, "borrowed" could be said in such a snotty way or create such a firestorm. Fur flew.

Is this the point where I wish my daughters be blessed with many daughters of their own???

1 comment:

Janet Webb said...

I want this DELETED the moment you read it, OK -- you know, "deleted by administrator" ... but I think my daughter should choose a college based on how great are the clothes available to borrow. OK OK I'm sorta kidding but really. Mum: you are right! Same size means no need for times two wardrobe!

p.s. the best internet shopper on the board discovered one dress the dd brought home was like the cost of a round-trip coast-to-coast airline ticket: I rest my case :)