Thursday, June 14, 2007

COMMENTS on "CHEERS!"

The Film: The Aristocats

The Scene: Toulouse vs. The Milkman

The Conflict: Villan is putting Toulouse's baby sister Marie, brother Berliose and chere Maman at risk

Puffed up, hopping up and down, vociferoulsy uttering The Sound of Feline Defending Family:

Mrrrrowww!! Mrrrrowww!!! Pphfffftttt!!! Pphffffftttt!! Pphfffftttt!!!

I understand, kitty. The Cougars are after my boy again : D

Oh my dear gawd in sweet heaven, your comments had me ROTFLMAO!!! I'm sure SupahStah's ego got a boost...as if he needed the help ; ) Sin, you nailed it with his shirt...but the thing is, he's so frikin' charming, that he totally gets away with it when he's being cocky.

The funniest thing about this is I can almost hear him..."WHY do all my mother's friends think I'm hot?!?!?"

Alas, ladies, you're not the first to comment on my baby boy *emphasis on* my baby boy!!! Jokes about Cougars (for the un-initiated, Cougars are women over 30 who prey on young men ; ) and Mrs. Robinson (ala the lucky older woman in The Graduate) have been around for a few years...but this is the first time I really paid attention. Eeek.

Hey, don't get me wrong. I'm GLAD none of my kids got beat with the ugly stick, but holyshamoley....it's not like I did anything to make that happen. Genetics are pretty wild, huh? Most importantly, they have great personalities, sweet souls and a fantastic sense of humour. What's inside is what really counts and I know I had a lot to do with that.

However, as any parent knows, kids begin to show their own personalities early on, and sometimes, parents have nothing to do with it. I knew Supah Stah had an inner confidence and ability to charm when he was four. At one of his first T-ball games, I sat on the sidelines with all the other mommys. He strode up to bat with great purpose and took his stance...glanced over his shoulder at me, gave a little grin, and winked at me.

Every single mommy melted. That moment is burned into my memory.

Among the "ooohs, awwws, & that's sooo cute!" I tried to imagine where the heck he'd gotten the idea. "Uh oh," I thought. "He's a natural born charmer. Lord help us all."

When he was 16, we were watching Sweet Pea at her cadet parade and were a little more dressed up than usual. In that mom-way, I thought he looked pretty sharp in dress pants and an azure blue dress shirt. I recall thinking how grown-up he suddenly appeared. One of my friends saw us across the arena and admits she did a double take and asked her daughter, one of Sweet Pea's friends, "Who is that hottie with Ranger?"

"EWWWWWW....Moooooommmmm....that's Supah Stah!!!"

Heheee...I'm not sure which of us was more traumatized, but I know it wasn't HIM. You'd think at that age, he would have been embarassed. Not my kid. I have no idea where the 16 year old boy got the confidence to start calling her Mrs. Robinson...but he still does. Gawd love her, that happily married, 35+ year old mother of five would actually blush whenever she saw him!!! Her hubby, quite a hottie himself, thought the whole thing was hee-lair-eous.

As the story made it's way around our little community, friends of three more of Sweet Pea's friends commented it easily could have been them because they'd noticed how fine he was turning out....at that point, I think SupahStah started to get a wee bit nervous.

I was tempted to buy him a t-shirt that said, "I love Cougars." Maybe I should? His girlfriend, She Who Has Not Been Named, is three years older, lol.

NOTES TO:
She Who Has Not Been Named: I'm wurkin' on a name for ya. Love ya, sweets!
Sin: I've made a note to self re: do NOT post anything remotely resembling beefcake pix of SupahStah : D
Tango: You may come out of the corner now...but I'm keepin' an eye on you.
Damnit Janet: Yes, I know you were just kidding.
Apple: NO, you cannot have him for your birthday!

: )

5 comments:

SINFUL said...

Awww, come on Tweet . . . if I promise not to cross the border . . . who could a little beefcake hurt?

I'd like a calendar though for Christmas - all SuperStah . . . all the time!!! I'm seeing maple leaves . . . nothing but maple leaves!!!!!!! ROFLMAOOOOOO!!!!!

Janet Webb said...

I had the devil of a time chasing down your newest cultural reference! Do you subscribe to a new*words*being*minted*this*second feed? You must because your blog is not up to the minute, it's up to the second, make that nano-second! And I didn't see a cougar yesterday but I saw a coyote! Does coyote mean anything flash and fresh?

Anonymous said...

love the beginning description of you jumpin up and down spitting.....mraha ahahahahha

but what the hell is "vociferoulsy"...I should look this up...but I think it may be a Canuckland word that wasn't covered in my correspondance class:)

CMDR

PS: SupahStar, I got you and Motorman and Manimal the "support" bumper magnets....also got Manimal one that proclaims...."support strippers"....where do you guys want them sent?

Anonymous said...

...?

-Supah Stah

R&R said...

Oh Sin....just you wait, girl : D

DJ...you know what coyote ugly is, right? Ask the Cmdr...I already explained it to her...heheh.

SupahStah...ack, I can't believe I'm repeating this to you!

The Cmdr asked me if Manimal would be offended if she gave him a bumper sticker that reads, "I support road head." *snort* AS IF he could be easily offended, let alone by that!!! Motorman & Elvis were with us when I mentioned it to Manimal...and you know your brozins....

"AWW, COOL! I WANT ONE TOO!!!"

So everybody better say thank you to the Cmdr. I'm just going to hell : )