Wednesday, March 07, 2007

QUICK SIT-REP

We're home safe & sound. It's been a difficult few weeks. For lack of better words, Ted's funeral was everything one could hope for to say good bye - surrounded by many loved ones and friends, remembering Ted with deep affection and laughter among the tears. Leaving Vancouver was tough but Manimal is holding up really well.

After 12 hours of sleep, I'm still exhausted and yet to face the unpacking. Mamcita is doing fantastic. The woman made a big pot of soup and waited for us to get home - how lucky are we to have her?! The dogs are ecstatic we're home, the cats are still pissed off we left, and I've got an ENOURMOUS amount of email and snail mail to open - much of it decorated with frogs, which leads me to believe I'm in store for some much needed laughs - thanks, peeps.

I'll write more later and I've missed y'all a whole bunch. Your calls, emails and support have meant so much more than you can possibly know.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good to see you made it home and things went as well as can be expected.

Get some more sleep...

S.

V-Medic said...

Glad you are home safe. I haven't called because I had a feeling you guys were overwhelmed with stuff. I will ring ya this weekend. Hugs....V:0)

Tango said...

Welcome Home Ranger!

Glad to hear you arrived home safely. I will be calling soon...wanted to give you some quiet time first.

Get some rest and love on your family!

Tango

Anonymous said...

Very good to hear that you are home and to see your return to cyberspace. Thanks for the sit-rep.

Hugs to you and the family.

Prof