Sunday, December 31, 2006

GOOD-BYE 2006

In anticipation of the baby new year that's almost upon us, I've spent some time reviewing the ups and downs of the last year. All things told, my 2006 was spectacular - in a general suckiness kind of way - and yet, there are many bright spots I'm grateful for. My New Year's Resolutions will be posted on January 1, 2007. The focus: making the most of positive aspects at the Zoo.

I'm so ready for the holidays to be over. Supah Stah & Sweet Pea have their own woohoo-teenager plans. Sugah Pie has Suzy Q coming to spend the night and they'll have sparkling juice and DVDs to entertain themselves in her room. Manimal and I will be partaking in a quiet, peaceful evening.

RANGER'S RECIPE FOR NEW YEAR'S EVE 2006

2 Bags of Chinese Take-Out
1 Grande Pitcher of Strawberry Margaritas
1 Case of Beer
1 Large Stack of DVDs
1 Pair of Fuzzy Slippers
1 Pernicia the Penguin Robe
2 Armchairs
1 Couch

It's best to begin this recipe around 5 pm. Lock the door, take phone off the hook and mix gently for several hours, alternating between couch and chairs. At midnight, add a generous splash Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Commence with kissing of loved ones, whilst singing...

Should auld acquaintance be forgot,
And never brought to mind?
Should auld acquaintance be forgot,
And auld lang syne?

CHORUS:
For auld lang syne, my dear,
For auld lang syne,
We'll tak a cup of kindness yet,
For auld lang syne!

And surely ye'll be your pint-stowp,
And surely I'll be mine,
And we'll tak a cup o kindness yet,F
or auld lang syne!

We twa hae run about the braes,
And pou'd the gowans fine,
But we've wander'd monie a weary fit,
Sin auld lang syne.

We twa hae paidl'd in the burn,
Frae morning sun till dine,
But seas between us braid hae roar'd,
Sin auld lang syne.

And there's a hand my trusty fiere,
And gie's a hand o thine,
And we'll tak a right guid-willie waught,
For auld lang syne.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I have to get margarita fixings. Love them when we go out but I never think to buy the makings.

We do the rye and ginger thing mostly. Or the dh does the coke and rum.

The dh bought me a bottle of godiva liqueur for Xmas - YUM!!!!!

Supper??? He hasn't decided.. honestly I don't care. I made stuffed chicken breasts with mushroom sauce, salad, and egg noodles cooked in chicken broth for supper last night... have to admit, it turned out pretty good for using 2 different recipes and not following any of them :)

Where's my email????? :) :)

S.

Anonymous said...

... the original Burns' is pretty rough on the tongue... but happy New Year to you and yours all the same!...

Eric