Sunday, November 26, 2006

LET THE MADNESS BEGIN

Insomnia took a hack at me again Friday night. As usual, it struck when I really could've used a good night's sleep. Anyone who's suffered the beast knows that dark moment of passing the point of no return - the instant of realization that you, indeed, won't sleep at all. Instead of bawling my eyes out in frustration, I made myself a cup of tea and finished the book I've been trying to read. Nora Roberts' Angels Falls. I enjoyed it. Sympathetic heroine with believable issues - yet, the reader can see how strong she is - and LaNora brings her along nicely. Good story fueled by a mystery, exellent conflict, strong supporting characters. The hero is just my type - strong & steady but no soggy, mushy crap with this guy. Played quite nicely to my cynical side. Only one complaint: I would've liked a little more detailed wrap up of their HEA...'cuz I am, after all, a girl.

The Santa Claus Parade went off...not exactly without a hitch, but nothing major, and a good time was had by all. Here's a pic of some of the elves.
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting


Lil Kenevil, Sweet Pea & her boyfriend's younger brother & sister did an awesome job running behind us and handing out candy to the crowd! K-Bear made Lil Kenevil a Frosty the Snowman costume and he looked fantastic. Mamacita, Sugah Pie, Suzy Q & Sonic rode along, smiling and waved to the crowd. Rex wore his antlers and waved, with a little help from the Prince, which had kids of all ages absolutely delighted. I'm going to see if K-Bear got a picture of him all dressed up. Roxy wouldn't keep her darned Santa hat on, but she stole the show - had herself quite a good time and totally crashed in the car on the way home.
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting


I wasn't far behind - Roxy & I were both sound asleep by 8 pm. Sugah Pie and the Prince went on a date to the movies, but I got flowers. Thank you.

The season has officially kicked off - let the madness begin! I promised to start Christmas baking and the house looks like we've been robbed. Better get to it. Have a great one!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I haven't managed to finish the last 2 NR stand-alone's. They read just the same as always. But I did enjoy her new series, although it did sound terribly familiar but atleast the setting and topic were different.

I refuse to start decorating until the first. But I did get my Xmas cards done early..... :) :)

S.