Sunday, November 19, 2006

JAVA SCRIPT BE DAMNED

It's official...I finally gave up on JavaScript. After many hours spent trying to find out where I went wrong with the #@&*$ html code for pull-down menus, I surrendered, hence the bazillion links.

I'm feeling good about my decision. Yep, there's lots of stuff I'm good at - I don't have to be good at everything. Certainly not JavaScript. I've got other talents. Lots of 'em. Right? Yeah, I thought so, too. Even as I type, I'm writing a song.

La la lah,
O-C-D,
La la lah,
It's killin' me
.

Arrrrggghhhhh!!! Okay, I suck as a songwriter too. AND I hate that I threw in the towell on the cute little pull-down menus. They just seem so darned efficient. The first person to say,"Quitters never win and winners never quit" is getting a smack. And no Christmas card. Got it? ; )

Other than that, I had a pretty good day. The kids and I went to visit Beebles, who was baby-sitting Roxy, which is a long, rather boring story. More boring than this, you may wonder? Hah! You truly have no idea. Blogging about my sister babysitting my puppy indicates there's something a little disturbing about me. Were you thinking that too? I just bet you were.

Anyhoo...while Beebles & Weebles gabbed away, Supah Stah checked his email. Due to some political situation I'm not investigating on a Saturday night, his football tournament in Panama has been re-vamped. Team Canada will now play in San Diego and an exhibition game in Mexico. The lad tried to hide his disappointment, bravely strutting around singing, "I'm goin' to California." The smartass actually snickered as he asked me, "Doesn't Mommy wish she was going along?" : o) "Grrr...yes, darling, but Mommy doesn't exactly have an extra $1800 laying around...unless it's hiding with the dust bunnies." That's just too scary to contemplate.

Sweet Pea & Sugah Pie endured the family time quite valiantly {read no biting or hair-pulling} Both were a wee bit tired. Tsk, tsk, are those bags under your eyes, ladies? Not enough sleep, my beauties!! What is it that Mumsie says? Those who don't listen must feel. After sufficiently pissing off my girls, I spent the rest of the evening answering email-a-plenty.

On the agenda for Sunday, much to Supah Stah's delight, we're putting up the Christmas lights. Oh, joy, 'tis the Season.

2 comments:

Janet Webb said...

OK, you led the way ... we put up our Christmas tree and put on the lights ... the zillions and zillions of lights: of course, they won't come on because we're blowing a fuse. But eventually, all will be well ... thanks for the idea :)

Anonymous said...

My dh won't put them up before December. But atleast he got some "hubby do's" done before he went to Convention.

Guilt for leaving us??? I never said a word.

S